If you have watched the movie The Vaccine War, which tells the story of India’s fight against the COVID-19 virus, then you may also enjoy the following movies like The Vaccine War:
Movies Like The Vaccine War
- Contagion (2011)
- Outbreak (1995)
- Andromeda Strain (1971)
- The Hot Zone (1995)
- Children of Men (2006)
- The Road (2009)
- I Am Legend (2007)
- World War Z (2013)
- 12 Monkeys (1995)
- Station Eleven (2022)
Let’s discuss these movies one by one with all the necessary details.
- Marion Cotillard as Dr. Leonora Orantes
- Matt Damon as Mitch Emhoff
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Beth Emhoff
- Jude Law as Alan Krumwiede
- Kate Winslet as Dr. Erin Mears
- Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Ellis Cheever
- Bryan Cranston as Lyle Haggerty
- Jennifer Ehle as Dr. Ally Hextall
- Sanaa Lathan as Dr. Aubrey Lewis
- Elliott Gould as Dr. Ian Sussman
- John Hawkes as Roger Ferris
- Armin Mueller-Stahl as Dr. Jurgen Mahfouz
- Chin Han as Sun Feng
Contagion is a 2011 American medical disaster thriller film that follows the rapid spread of a deadly airborne virus that kills within days of infection, as well as the efforts of medical researchers and public health officials to identify and contain the disease.
The film begins with Beth Emhoff (Paltrow), a young woman who returns home to San Francisco from a business trip to Hong Kong, where she had contact with an infected bat. Beth soon falls ill and dies, and her husband, Mitch (Damon), becomes infected as well.
As the virus begins to spread rapidly, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) dispatches a team of experts, led by Dr. Ellis Cheever (Fishburne), to investigate. The CDC team is joined by Dr. Leonora Orantes (Cotillard), a World Health Organization (WHO) epidemiologist who is tracking the virus’s spread around the world.
Orantes travels to China to investigate the origin of the virus, while Cheever and his team work to develop a vaccine. As the pandemic worsens, social order begins to break down. Riots and looting erupt, and the government imposes martial law. The CDC team eventually developed a vaccine, but it is not widely distributed until after millions have died.
- Dustin Hoffman as Colonel Sam Daniels
- Rene Russo as Major Dr. “Robby” Keough
- Morgan Freeman as General Billy Ford
- Cuba Gooding Jr. as Major Salt
- Kevin Spacey as Casey Schuler
- Donald Sutherland as General Donald McClintock
- Patrick Dempsey as Major Scott McClintock
- Zakes Mokae as General Julius Ndowa
- Leland Orser as Dr. Orso
- Bruce Davidson as General Thomas
- Kimberlee Heyer as Mrs. McClintock
- Kathy Bates as Connie Outbreak
Outbreak is a 1995 American medical thriller film directed by Wolfgang Petersen and written by Laurence Dworet and Robert Roy Pool. The film stars Dustin Hoffman, Rene Russo, Morgan Freeman, Cuba Gooding Jr., Kevin Spacey, Donald Sutherland, Patrick Dempsey, Zakes Mokae, Leland Orser, Bruce Davidson, Kimberlee Heyer, and Kathy Bates.
The film follows a team of military experts who are called in to investigate a deadly virus outbreak in a small California town. The virus, which is similar to Ebola, is highly contagious and has a high mortality rate. The team must race against time to contain the outbreak and develop a vaccine before the virus spreads further.
Andromeda Strain (1971)
- Arthur Hill as Dr. Jeremy Stone
- James Olson as Dr. Michael Burton
- Kate Reid as Dr. Susan Leavitt
- David Wayne as Dr. Charles Dutton
- Paula Kelly as Mark Hall
- George Mitchell as Major Bill Cairns
- Keir Dullea as Dr. Peter Leavitt
- Robert Lansing as General George Manchek
- Ralph Meeker as Dr. Ruth Leavitt
- Ted Danson as Army Medic
The Andromeda Strain is a 1971 American science fiction thriller film directed by Robert Wise and written by Nelson Gidding, based on the 1969 novel of the same name by Michael Crichton. The film follows a team of scientists who are tasked with investigating a deadly extraterrestrial organism that threatens to destroy humanity.
The film begins with the crash of a satellite in a remote area of Arizona. A team of scientists from the Wildfire Laboratory, a secret government facility dedicated to investigating biological threats, is dispatched to the scene. The team discovers that the satellite is carrying a deadly alien organism, which they name the Andromeda Strain.
The Andromeda Strain is unlike any organism that scientists have ever seen before. It is highly intelligent and capable of adapting rapidly to new environments. The scientists realize that if the Andromeda Strain is allowed to escape from the Wildfire Laboratory, it could pose a serious threat to humanity.
The scientists race against time to learn more about the Andromeda Strain and to develop a way to stop it. They face a number of challenges along the way, including the fact that the Andromeda Strain is constantly evolving. However, the scientists are eventually able to develop a vaccine that defeats the Andromeda Strain.
The Hot Zone (1995)
- James Woods as Dr. Peter Jahrling
- Nancy Travis as Dr. Nancy Jaax
- Robert Wisden as Colonel Burton
- Chuck Shamata as Major Salt
- John Findlater as Dr. Harry Sloan
- Donald Sutherland as Colonel Sam Daniels
- George Dzundza as General Billy Ford
- Liam Neeson as Colonel Casey Schuler
- Kevin Bacon as Private First Class Jim Daltrey
- Morgan Freeman as General Donald McClintock
The Hot Zone is a 1995 American medical thriller film directed by Ridley Scott and written by Richard Preston and David Franzoni. The film is based on the 1994 non-fiction book of the same name by Richard Preston, which chronicles the true story of the 1989 Ebola outbreak in Reston, Virginia.
The film follows Dr. Peter Jahrling (James Woods), a veterinary pathologist at the United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), who is called in to investigate the deaths of several chimpanzees at a primate quarantine facility in Reston. Jahrling and his team quickly discover that the chimpanzees died from a rare and deadly strain of Ebola, which has never been seen before in the United States.
Jahrling and his team must race against time to contain the outbreak and prevent the virus from spreading to the human population. They are aided by Dr. Nancy Jaax (Nancy Travis), a USAMRIID virologist who is one of the world’s leading experts on Ebola.
As the outbreak unfolds, Jahrling and Jaax face a number of challenges. They must contend with the high mortality rate of the virus, the lack of a known cure, and the public’s fear and hysteria. However, Jahrling and Jaax are determined to stop the virus at all costs.
Children of Men (2006)
- Clive Owen as Theo Faron
- Julianne Moore as Julian Taylor
- Michael Caine as Jasper
- Clare-Hope Ashitey as Kee
- Charlie Hunnam as Patric
- Pam Ferris as Miriam
- Chiwetel Ejiofor as Luke
- Oana Pellea as Marichka
- Peter Mullan as Syd
- Danny Huston as Nigel
- Paul Sharma as Ali
Children of Men is a 2006 British dystopian thriller film directed by Alfonso Cuarón and written by Clive Owen, Cuarón, Tony Grisoni, and Timothy J. Sexton. The film is based on the 1992 novel of the same name by P.D. James.
The film is set in a near-future world where infertility has rendered humanity infertile for 18 years. The last generation of humans is dying out, and society is on the brink of collapse. Theo Faron (Clive Owen), a former activist, is tasked with protecting a pregnant woman named Kee (Clare-Hope Ashitey) and her unborn child.
Theo and Kee must travel across a dangerous and chaotic world to reach a sanctuary for pregnant women at sea. Along the way, they are pursued by both government forces and rebel groups.
The Road (2009)
- Viggo Mortensen as The Man
- Kodi Smit-McPhee as The Boy
- Charlize Theron as The Woman
- Guy Pearce as Ely
- Robert Duvall as Old Man
- Michael K. Williams as Thief
- Garret Dillahunt as Cannibal Leader
- Molly Parker as Woman at Shelter
- Beth McBride as Woman with Boy
- Josh Holloway as Man at Camp
The Road is a 2009 American post-apocalyptic drama film directed by John Hillcoat and written by Joe Penhall. The film is based on the 2006 novel of the same name by Cormac McCarthy.
The film follows a father and son who travel across a desolate America in search of a better life. The world has been ravaged by an unnamed cataclysm, and the few remaining survivors are struggling to survive.
The father and son travel by foot, scavenging for food and supplies. They are constantly on the lookout for other survivors, some of whom are hostile. The father is determined to protect his son, but he knows that the chances of survival are slim.
I Am Legend (2007)
- Will Smith as Robert Neville
- Alice Braga as Anna Montez
- Charlie Tahan as Ethan
- Salli Richardson-Whitfield as Zoe Neville
- Dash Mihok as Alpha Male
- Joanna Bobin as Alpha Female
- Will Patton as Frank
- Emma Thompson as Dr. Alice Krippin
I Am Legend is a 2007 American post-apocalyptic thriller film directed by Francis Lawrence and written by Akiva Goldsman and Mark Protosevich. It is loosely based on the 1954 novel of the same name by Richard Matheson.
The film is set in post-apocalyptic New York City, where a scientist named Robert Neville (Will Smith) is the last known human immune to a deadly virus that has wiped out most of humanity. Neville lives alone in the city, spending his days scavenging for supplies and defending himself from the Darkseekers, mutated humans who are infected with the virus.
One day, Neville encounters a group of survivors led by Anna Montez (Alice Braga) and her son Ethan (Charlie Tahan). The survivors are immune to the virus, but they are being hunted by the Darkseekers. Neville agrees to help the survivors find a safe haven, and they set off on a dangerous journey across the city.
World War Z (2013)
- Brad Pitt as Gerry Lane
- Mireille Enos as Karen Lane
- James Badge Dale as Captain Speke
- Daniella Kertesz as Segen
- David Morse as Secretary of Defense Thierry Umutoni
- Elyse Levesque as News Anchor
- Pierfrancesco Favino as W.H.O. Doctor
World War Z is a 2013 American post-apocalyptic action horror film directed by Marc Forster and written by Max Brooks, Matthew Michael Carnahan, and Damon Lindelof. It is based on the 2006 novel of the same name by Max Brooks.
The film follows Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt), a former United Nations employee who is tasked with investigating a mysterious virus that is quickly spreading around the world, turning people into aggressive zombies. Lane travels to different countries to learn more about the virus and to find a way to stop it.
Along the way, Lane is joined by a team of experts, including Captain Speke (James Badge Dale) and Segen (Daniella Kertesz). They face many challenges, including the zombies themselves, as well as other survivors who are willing to do whatever it takes to survive.
12 Monkeys (1995)
- Bruce Willis as James Cole
- Madeleine Stowe as Dr. Kathryn Railly
- Brad Pitt as Jeffrey Goines
- Christopher Plummer as Dr. Leland Goines
- David Morse as Dr. Peter Jones
- Jon Seda as Jose
- Christopher Meloni as Aaron
- Frank Gorshin as Dr. Alvin Goines
- Bill Raymond as Admiral
12 Monkeys is a 1995 American science fiction thriller film directed by Terry Gilliam and written by Chris Marker, David Webb Peoples, and Janet Peoples. It is based on the 1962 French short film La Jetée by Chris Marker.
The film is set in a post-apocalyptic future where a deadly virus has wiped out most of humanity. The survivors live underground, and they are constantly searching for a way to cure the virus.
James Cole (Bruce Willis) is a convict who is offered a chance to earn his freedom by volunteering to travel back in time to investigate the origins of the virus. Cole is sent to 1990, where he is mistaken for a madman and institutionalized.
Cole eventually meets Dr. Kathryn Railly (Madeleine Stowe) and Jeffrey Goines (Brad Pitt), a brilliant but disturbed young man. Cole believes that Goines is somehow connected to the virus, and he works with Railly to try to prove it.
Station Eleven (2022)
- Mackenzie Davis as Kirsten Raymonde
- Himesh Patel as Jeevan Chaudhary
- Daniel Zovatto as Frank Chaudhary
- David Wilmot as Clark Thomson
- Nabhaan Rizwan as Mohammed Khan
- Philippine Velge as Miranda Carroll
- Lori Petty as Sarah
- David Cross as Gil Birmingham
- Gael García Bernal as Arthur Leander
- Matilda Lawler as Young Kirsten Raymonde
Station Eleven is a 2022 American post-apocalyptic drama miniseries created by Patrick Somerville for HBO Max. It is based on the 2014 novel of the same name by Emily St. John Mandel.
The miniseries follows a group of survivors of a devastating flu pandemic as they attempt to rebuild and reimagine the world anew while holding on to the best of what’s been lost.
The story is told through a nonlinear timeline, interweaving the lives of the survivors before, during, and after the pandemic. We see how they cope with loss and grief, and how they find new hope and meaning in a world that has been turned upside down.
The Vaccine War is the best movie to watch on the pandemic crisis. If you like this movie you should watch these movies like The Vaccine War that we have shared here.